spoonful of sugar

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Thank you Mr post man !


I received a little parcel yesterday from Craftie Charlie, a lovely shop on the Internet, run by two lovely ladies. The products always arrive quickly and are nicely packaged. I ordered some papers from October Afternoon called Modern Homemakers. I love them they are so cute. I know a lot of my friends will like them too, but hands off, they are mine !
I decided to use my new papers for a challenge on The Studio. The theme is Me Time. Tell us what you like to do when you get some time for yourself. Well, I don't get much time for myself, although I work from home so I am very lucky, but in the evening, I love to go to bed early to read a good book. I would choose a book over TV anytime. I also added a few other things I like to do, like shopping !! Once a stewardess, always a stewardess !! Now that we have TK Maxx here, I am a happy girl. It is always full of stuff that you never knew you needed !!
Anyway, here is the page. the stitching took quite a while but I manged to do some while waiting for the kids to come out of school ! (time management !! You see ! ). I like the end result but I think I need tips from Lisa to make my pages a bit more vibrant and messy.



And just because I haven't blogged for a few days I thought I would add another page I did a while back about Harry. Harry and Amelie love anything remotely crafty and in our house, not very much goes in the recycling bin. We keep tins and boxes, lids and toilets rolls in a big basket for the kids to play with and  make stuff . ( Although, don't tell them but everything eventually ends up in the recycling bin, one way or another !)
That day Harry had a little friend to play and they just "made stuff" all afternoon. Who needs game consoles when you have a cardboard box !
So that's it for today. I might be able to come back tomorrow. I am waiting for a parcel from my mum full of goodies, including a hand made teddy for Harry.
Take care
Anne

2 comments:

  1. Love that page Anne, really cute : )
    And those hats the boys made are so so funny : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot on your me time list: phone my sis to order some cushions, bags, curtains,... ! Take care

    ReplyDelete