spoonful of sugar

Thursday 20 September 2012

Sketches in Thyme

Hello everyone,

There is a new sketch on at Sketches in Thyme this week. If I am honest, I struggled a little with that one. I am not too sure why, I just did and kept putting it off! But I have finally made a page, clean and very simple, but it does the trick. I  made it last weekend when I met up with some friends at our local crop. I got quite a lot done actually, not that I can show you any of it yet. Sounds very secret, doesn't it.
So here is the sketch this week. See if you get more inspired than me, I am sure you will.



and here is my take...
 
I love the colours and I am please with the stencil that my friend Lesley made me on her clever machine. I can see me using it a lot. The pictures were taken during our holiday in Brittany. The water was far too cold for me to get in but the kids always enjoy it, whatever the temperature.
 
A friend is coming tonight for some crafty time. I am not sure what I am going to do yet. I was thinking of trying applique, although I still don't have the attachment on my sewing machine. Probably won't get much done other than chatting !!
Have a fun week.
Anne

1 comment:

  1. Living your layout, and the splashes of red, including the chevrons!! Always love your work Anne!! Come visit us soon!

    ReplyDelete