spoonful of sugar

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Quiet but busy !!

I haven't had a chance to write for a while but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy !!

Two weeks ago, I was lucky to attend a local crop with some friends and the lovely Lisa. We learnt how to make flowers and Lisa taught us through a page. I haven't quite finished that one yet so I can't show it to you but I also got a chance to start my 12 pictures for 12 hours project. Let me explain.. a couple of weeks ago, my anonymous friends and I decided to journal and record one day of our lives. We first thought we could make a page and it would be nice for the kids to look at it 50 years down the line. Well, a page wasn't going to be quite big enough so I decided to make a mini book. I felt courageous and spent a night misting and distressing, cutting and glueing, splatting gesso and paint all over the place, ( litteraly all over, yes, walls and floors were not spared unfortunately ! ) but I loved the result, my pages looked good and were ready for my journalling. So I spent most of the crop inking time, sticking pictures and masking tape. All I had to do left was write the journal and think of a cover and a way of binding all the pages. And add a bit of sewing.. of course.. !
So here it is...





I like the grunge look, very different from my last mini book which was clean and simple. But if I am honest, it was a little too messy for me ! My fingers are still red a week later !!

Now, back to sewing ! Are you bored of it yet? because I still can't get enough, and it is catching !!



Amelie is also at it now, making skirts for her doll !She is so creative I am not surprise she loves it too. The only problem is her attention span ! She has millions of good ideas but a little like me, she gets bored half way through her project, still, she did a good job ! And she didn't sew her fingers or break the machine !!


And talking about skirts, I know it is still winter but surely it is never too early to make summer skirts so here is one I made earlier !! Yes, another one for Amelie's collection !



And the little bird is an idea I have for Easter decorations...



But it might not be ready for this Easter !!.

I hope that you are enjoying half term. We are loving it. It is just so nice to stay at home and not rush around.

Speak to you soon.

Anne

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful BOM and congrats to Amelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE : )

      Please can you teach me Anne?
      I want to sew too
      xxx

      Delete
  2. lovely mini book Anne, love the grungy feel and the big numbers/time on each page :) LOL at your fingers still being red, I know what you mean, it can last ages :)

    ReplyDelete