spoonful of sugar

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Sit down with a cup of tea !!

Ok, I haven't been blogging much lately but I have been very busy !!
First of all, there was all the decorating at home. We had new shelves built in our dining room and they all had to be painted. It was glossy paint so not an easy job and I did manage to accidentally paint most the house with it !! Even today, as Harry was going to school, I noticed some paint on his jumper ! Oups!. Now, the shelves are lovely and I am very pleased with them, mostly as they were designed around the size of my scrapbooks !! I know, this is sad ! But true !!
Secondly, there was the garden to look after. Two weeks away at this time of the year is lethal, weeds everywhere, seeds that need to be planted, but I am getting there and I will be ready to post some pictures soon. ( don't sound too excited ! )
Then, there was the mini book that I started about our stay on the island of Belle Ile. It is nearly finished but I haven't got a front page at the moment so I can't show it to you yet !
But I am forgetting the most important ! the wedding !! A whole day of partying and eating and drinking far too much and a few days to get better ! Ah, this where the time went, I remember now ! We had a fantastic street party with the whole village invited. The bride and groom even made an appearance ! They did... see !



Anyway, last night, at last, I got a chance to sit down and scrap a page for Sketchy Thursdays. Here is the sketch...




And here is my version...



 And a few close ups...





The page is about Harry and Amelie learning how to sew. Well, in fact they are embroidering some Easter flags ( whatever they may be !! ) on these pictures. Whenever we go to my parents by the sea ( hence the sea side theme ! ), my mum always has some sewing projects on the go. This time we were making buntings and teddies. That reminds me, I will take some pictures of the very cutes teddies my mum made with the kids. The kids really enjoy being part of it and at this rate, they will be much better than me at sewing ! ( I know, I know, I know what you are going to say ! ).


Anyway, I'd better go and prepare lunch for my friend who is coming to have a chat about our next DSA adventure. I wonder what is in store this time? 60 cookie jars? Curry for 100? Cake sale? Summer fair? or just an excuse for a free lunch !!

Take care !

Anne

8 comments:

  1. I've missed your blogging.
    Sweet page. The concentration on their faces : )
    Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photo is excellent and your LO is gorgeous !
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty layout! Love that base paper and all the borders and lace you put at the bottom of the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your page and so envious of your wedding celebration! I was one of the 'up at 4 a.m. Americans' and I loved every minute of it. Must have been so fun to be in the U.K. to celebrate:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really great page! And I love that they were sewing!! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! I love love love love the photos and those layers!! And LOVING Will & Kate! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this page! And so glad you are teaching them to SEW! That is fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete