spoonful of sugar

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Scrap Fit challenge.

I have discovered a new challenge site called Scrap Fit. I like the brief for this month sketch and for once, I had to invent my own sketch ! Scary ! Here is the brief..

This challenge is all based on two little words ‘ Only You’ – this is the title for your layout!  Since this is a title challenge be sure to include plenty of journaling to back up reason for the title  - we want the juicy details =) 


I decided to use a lay out I designed a long time ago, tweaked it a little and added a few bits here and there and here is the result :



The green letters are from the very first pack of letters I have ever bought and the papers are a mixture of stuff. I had to do some patching up for the note paper on the side as I didn't actually have enough !
The story is about Amelie entering this cross country run a few weeks ago. She had never run anywhere before and yet decided it was something she wanted to do. ( May be the idea of an afternoon off school had something to do with it !! ). Not surprisingly enough, she didn't do too well !! But still, she made me laugh and I admire her way of looking at life. I would be embarrassed and really disappointed if I'd finished one but last, but not Amelie. She says she really enjoyed it and is happy she finished !! So looking on the bright side, she can only get better !!

Take care

Anne XXX

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute Anne : )
    Love those colours and you have such beautiful handwriting.
    I drove past your's last night. Louis has golf in Crodell on Mondays.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great outlook your dd has! Such a fun layout! Love the colors, the cluster up in the corner ans the journaling looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO, love the combination of papers. I love your dd's take on the race, such an inspirational outlook on life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne, love the colours on the LO! thanks for the comment on my blog, you can absolutely be my bridesmaid! I will let you know when he has fallen madly in love with me...lol! x

    ReplyDelete