spoonful of sugar

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Sketchy Thursdays

I finally get a chance ( or the motivation !! ) to sit down and write on my blog !! A lovely weekend with the family and far too many nights out (and too many headaches ! ) don't all add up to much time on the computer or scrapping !

Anyway, last week I got too parcels ( whououhh I hear you say !). I got one from my sister, full of lovely goodies that she had bought at the Creativa exhibition. I should really have taken a picture of all the lovely things she got me but I forgot ! But trust me, it was really nice.
And then I got my winning prize from Sketchy Thursdays. They are clear stickers, really truly great but at the moment I am just looking at them thinking I can't possibly use them or they will be gone ! but I did manage to take a picture.


Talking about Sketchy Thursdays, they have another great sketch this week.







So I decided to give it a try. I had to turn it upside down to make it work for me but I am pleased with the result. I wish I had aligned the days of the week to the picture now, but too late. I blanket stitched the little bird, which I thought was a good idea at the time but worked out to be quite tricky ! I had to find a little sticker for the tail as I got that bit a bit wrong ! The page is about Amelie growing up everyday. I know it sounds silly but at the moment I look at her every morning and think, oh, no, you have grown again ! She is growing up physically but also as a person. she is becoming more independant and she is starting to spend much more time on her own in her bedroom. After years of me saying to the kids, " can't you go and play in your room for a bit instead of hanging around me all the time !! ", I am not sure I like it ! I like their mess and the awful amount of noise they make ( well I don't really but I miss them when they aren't there ). I wanted to write something on the page about how I feel, but I am not sure where to put it so I will write the journaling at the back instead and it will be for Amelie's eyes only ! Anyway, enough of me talking and here is the page ...




Well, I should stop eating all the mini Easter eggs I have bought for my students and get on with the housework. Weather is pooh today so can't even pretend I have to be in the garden, the cob webs are calling me !!

Have a nice week.

Anne


5 comments:

  1. Anne, Your pages are just lovelier by the day. I adore this page. So sweet. The photos is gorgeous : )

    Miss you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your stuff Anne, and especially this layout! The colours complement the photo so well, and i LOVE the photo!!

    from another Anne ...
    Anne Pennington

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne!! This is GORGEOUS! I love love love that photo, the colors and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the little bird! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love how you flipped this and gave it so much white space. And I love the colors, too. Great job all around on this! And so glad you love your prize!! I hoard my SRM stickers, too, so don't feel bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The colors are adorable and the I really like all the white space. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete