spoonful of sugar

Tuesday 22 February 2011

New York, New York

Back from a great trip to New York. We decided to take the children to America for a long weekend. It was very tiring but a fantastic and memorable experience. Kids really enjoyed the whole trip and adjusted fairly well to the time change. Well, Amelie did, Harry struggled a bit more, waking up at the crack of dawn, ( or even before !! ) and falling asleep in every taxi !! Still, the weather was brilliant, the food plentiful and it was just really nice to share the adventure with the family.
I did try to go shopping but I don't think New Yorkers have got much time to do crafty things and on that point it was a bit disappointing but I have now got a whole new load of pictures to scrapbook, so hey, I can't complain.
Yesterday, we were all trying to recover from jet lag, (apart from Andrew, bless, who had to go to work ! ) so I got a chance to make a page. I was feeling rather tired and thoughtful, hence the title and the mood of the page. I decided to follow a sketch from Creative Scrappers




And since I had quite a lot of time on my hands and very quiet children, I did a fair bit of sewing. So here is the result.




I really like the paper. It is from Basic grey and it is called Olivia. I think I might have to get the whole book !

Well, I should really get going with all my washing and cleaning the fish tank ! ( who said fish were easy to look after !!)
Nice to be back at home and online !
Anne




2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you. I'm so glad you had a good time : )
    I'm so jealous, a city I've been wanting to go back to for years.
    Can't wait to see you soon.
    Lots of love xx
    ps..are you free tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO! Love the circle stitching, the paper strips and the tag! Glad you had a good time in the states. I've never actually been to New York, been close a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete